For over a century, the Kellogg-Hubbard Library has been at the heart of our communities: preserving yesterday, informing today, and inspiring tomorrow.
Policies in support of our mission statement:
- The Library supports the Library Bill of Rights and the Freedom to Read statement.
- The Library shall constantly strive to develop its collection of books and other materials to meet the needs and interests of the community. Furthermore, the Library will participate in the use of local, regional and state libraries and non-library resources.
- The Library shall develop programs and outreach for adults and children:
- To stimulate reading, learning and self-development.
- To promote literacy.
- To encourage the use of Library facilities and materials.
- The Library shall provide a professional staff available to assist Library patrons.
- The Library shall maintain a physical environment that promotes reading and research.
- The Library shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, place of birth, age or physical or mental condition.