The Kellogg-Hubbard Library is a 501c3 nonprofit that serves as the public library for six communities in central Vermont. We have operated continuously as a library since our beautiful granite building opened in 1896. The Senator Patrick J. Leahy Wing was added in 2001. We currently serve the City of Montpelier and the Towns of Berlin, Calais, East Montpelier, Middlesex and Worcester, with a combined service area population over 17,000. We have the second highest circulation of any public library in the state, and annual attendance at our programs averages around 10,000. In short, we are a dynamic library with very engaged and active patrons.
Our mission is to provide library materials and access to information free of charge and to promote and stimulate knowledge, culture and reading for pleasure for adults and children. The Library is a steward of the intellectual energy of the community, encourages lifelong learning, acts as a catalyst for the free exchange of ideas and promotes literacy among all people. We support the American Library Association’s Freedom to Read and Library Bill of Rights.
Unfortunately the Library does not have a parking lot. There is metered parking on Main Street and School Street.