MONTPELIER CELEBRATES NATIONAL POETRY MONTH
PoemCity 2020 is coming together with exciting presentations for the month of April. All Vermonters are encouraged to submit their poems by February 12, 2020. Visit https://www.facebook.com/PoemCityMontpelier/ for more information about PoemCity events.
1. Vermont residents, VCFA or CCV students or alum, are allowed to submit.
2. Please upload 1 to 3 poems in a Word document format. (Please no PDFs.)
3. Each poem must not exceed 24 lines.
4. Please do not resubmit work that was sent for previous Poetry Alive! or PoemCity displays.
5. Please let us know if the poem was previously published, and tell us where and when it appeared. Please include this information in the same document as the poem.
6. Please ensure that you have the rights to offer this poem for publication. This poem must be your own work.
7. If you are school-aged, please let us know your age and where you go to school, or let us know if you are home-schooled (optional).
8. Deadline is February 12, 2020.
By sending your work to PoemCity 2020, you agree to the following:
PoemCity and Kellogg-Hubbard Library may use any poem in the text display, in promotional materials, and associated online, print and other media and social media outlets.
If you do not use a computer, we will accept handwritten or typed poems. *Please only use this option if it is absolutely impossible for you to submit online* If you elect to submit outside Submittable, errors are more likely to slip into the process.
Please send to:
135 Main Street
Montpelier, VT 05602
Thank you to our sponsors listed below and the Poetry Society of Vermont.