Reserve a Library Meeting Room
While we rebuild from the July 2023 flooding, the Hayes Room is our only available meeting room. The Library will not be ADA accessible until our elevator repair is finished in spring 2024.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Meeting Room Rules
The Hayes Room
The meeting rooms of the Kellogg-Hubbard Library are an important part of the Library's services. They are available to any community group or individual, subject to the following:
1) You may not charge for attendance, tuition or fees for meetings or workshops held in Library meeting rooms. You may not solicit donations, sell or raffle goods or services.
2) You may reserve a room up to 6 weeks in advance with the Library. Meeting room use must take place during our regular operating hours (including room setup and breakdown).
3) You must read and abide by these rules, as well as our Policy on the Use of Library Spaces. Library Administrators can deny or revoke use of the rooms to those who violate Library policy, procedures or rules.
4) The Hayes Room has a 75 inch TV with an HDMI cable. Library staff are not available to support or troubleshoot additional technology.
5) You may not serve alcohol.
6) Leave the room in the same condition you found it. We reserve the right to hold you responsible and to charge a fee if the room is not left in its original condition, and for any loss or damages incurred by the Library due to your group's use of the room.
7) Your group must follow the Library rules of conduct and not disrupt regular library operations. Children under 16 must be under adult supervision.
8) You are responsible for publicizing your own programs. Advertising must include the valid/verifiable name and contact information of the presenter or organization. You may not present an independent programs as Library sponsored.
9) Please determine your meeting room use fee by means of the schedule that follows. You must pay any fees due before you use the room. If you use a room for more than two hours, that additional time is subject to the "additional hour" fee, even if it not a a full hour.
Room Fee Schedule
Organization Annual Budget 1st 2 hours Additional Time
$0 - $49,999 No Fee $5.00 /hour
$50,000 - $249,999 $25.00 $10.00 /hour
$250,000 - $499,999 $35.00 $12.50/hour
Over $500,000 $50.00 $15.00/hour
Hayes Room Schedule
Once You've Booked a Room: Tips & Links
After you have planned your event and the library has confirmed your reservation of our meeting room, it's time to let the community know. Groups and organizations are responsible for promoting the events and meetings they are holding at the library. The following are community calendars where you can post your event for free:
Montpelier Alive https://montpelieralive.com/calendar
Seven Days (this site requires a free account to submit an event) https://www.sevendaysvt.com/
Times Argus (this site requires a free account to submit an event) https://www.timesargus.com/local-events/
Social media and Front Porch Forum are also great places to spread the word. You will need to set up personal accounts to use those resources. You can also hang a flyer on the community bulletin board inside the library.
The library only posts information about library sponsored programs on our website, on our welcome screens, and through our social media, enewsletter, and Front Porch Forum channels. Contact Michelle Singer at email@example.com for more information about library sponsored programs and events.